Saturday 22 September 2007

A happy day

Today I'm very happy. Ng Ng finally is going home!


I'm truly happy indeed, coz we have struggled 2 frustrating weeks fighting CPV - a deadly doggy virus tat causes pups to lose appetite, vomit and diarrhea and ultimately die acutely. Of 3 pups, Ng Ng is the only one surviving, and on thursday, after 4 days of hospitalization, she was still very fatigue and vomited uncontrollably. I was exasperated. Ng Ng can't die! I won't let her die.. I can't let her.. but what can I do? I gave her all necessary medications and hoped for the best.

That night I prayed real hard, I can't accept another death anymore - it's just too frustrating, and it made me feel helpless against this disease. Watching cute jumpy puppies going downhill until they lay motionless and die one after another simply tears my heart apart. I prayed that God will heal Ng Ng somehow, cure her...

Next morning, I stepped into the clinic - heart pounding fast, wondering how was Ng Ng doing. When she saw me, she quickly sat up, tail wagging happily, eyes brightened. My heart jumped with joy! I quickly checked for any vomitus, and she had not vomited anything tat night! She's getting better! Still tat afternoon Ng Ng vomited a few times, but her appetite is coming back already. I kept my prayers at hand.

Today, Ng Ng was totally bright, good appetite, no vomiting - considered healed. My prayer is answered, thank God. I'm truly glad, very happy... at least one pup survived the ordeal.

The fighting spirit has returned to me, once again.

2 comments:

JuneJune said...

Is NgNg's case a miracle? I mean for a Rottweiler parvo, thank goodness that NgNg survives, I hope to see her coming back to clinic for vaccination...

pam said...

i would take it as a miracle, coz i really prayed hard when i realize that she's not responding and seemed to me maybe dying the next day... :) Thank God she survived...